Part-Time Doctor of Ministry Chair
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
St Stephen’s College invites applications for the position of Chair of the Doctor of Ministry (DMin) Program. The anticipated start-date is 1 January 2014, for an initial appointment of three years. The position is 0.5 FTE (18.75 hours/week), with an annual salary range currently at $34,000-$35,027. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed in the first instance to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents.
St Stephen’s is a graduate theological college in an historic affiliation with The University of Alberta in Edmonton. Creativity and flexibility are encouraged and supported in all the College’s programs, and Chairs have considerable latitude to oversee and develop their particular program in a strong and supportive collegial environment. Key components of this position include:
- Oversight and active engagement in the DMin curriculum, including facilitation and guidance of projects and dissertation research;
- Growth and development of the Program;
- Recruitment and mentoring of students.
Teaching opportunities beyond the requirements of the position are available, depending upon interests and qualifications.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate degree in theology or a related discipline (eg MDiv, MTS, MRE)
- Doctoral degree (eg PhD, DMin) in an area related to the College’s core disciplines: see the College website
- A strong background in curriculum development in post-secondary education and in working with adult learners involved in graduate education, and skills in personal/educational mentoring for adults.
- Support for the College’s emphasis on a combination of online and face-to-face approaches to education, including skill and comfort using computers and electronically-facilitated teaching and learning.
Key Personal Characteristics:
- Awareness of, and essential agreement with, the ‘Mission and Values’ of the College
- Spiritually reflective and able to communicate from a stance of openness to a wide variety of vocations and faith traditions
- Open to life-long learning and integration of scholarship with personal experience
- Commitment to adult learning theory and practice
For information about the position, salary and benefits, please contact the Dean as noted below. The full position description is posted on the College web-site: Employment Page.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, current CV and letters from three referees to the following address. Electronic applications are welcome.
Doctor of Ministry Search Committee
c/o Dr Earle Sharam, Dean
St Stephen’s College
8810 – 112 Street NW
Canada T6G 2J6
The application deadline is 30 November 2013, or until the position is filled.