Full-Time Clinical Professor – Health Information Management
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Clinical Professor – Health Information Management
Job ID: 9164
Department: CUNY School of Professional Studies
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: Open until filled with review of resumes to begin November 3, 2013.
Faculty Vacancy Announcement
Celebrating its 10-year anniversary, the CUNY School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) leads the University in developing and operating online bachelor’s degrees for students who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS also offers master’s degrees, certificates, and non-degree programs, and is home to the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies currently seeks candidates for a highly-experienced practitioner to hold a full-time, non-tenure track position as Clinical Professor for Health Information Management. Responsibilities will include teaching online, student advisement, curriculum development, and refinement, along with performing School service.
- Bachelor’s degree and a record of achievement in a profession or field of expertise related to teaching assignments. Also required is the ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
- Master’s degree in related health field
– RHIA credential
– Active member of both AHIMA and State CSA
– A minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in the field of Health Information Management
– Experience with online learning in higher education
– Teaching, advising, and mentoring experience
– Leadership ability in developing academic curriculum
– Superior written and oral communication skills
How to Apply:
Please apply using the link below:
***If you are unable to upload your application please firstname.lastname@example.org.Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***